Student must be able to work at the specific location in the vacancy announcement.
Be at least 16 years of age or older for a non-arduous or non-hazardous duty position.
Be a student who has been accepted for enrollment or is currently enrolled at least half-time in a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) seeking program in an accredited high school, technical or vocation school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school.
Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 or higher.
Complete a Participant Agreement in which it shall document the anticipated start and end dates for this temporary appointment.
- Key Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" and "Required Documents" Sections
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land.
- Direct Deposit Required
- Education Requirements:
This position falls under the Group Qualification Standards for Administration and Office Support Student Trainee Series.
Verification of Enrollment: Copy of all your transcripts or a list of college courses that include hours and grades from an accredited U. S. educational institution. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process, but prior to appointment the official transcript(s) will be required.
Letter from your accredited U. S. educational institution that verifies/reflects: (1) the degree/diploma/certificate program in which you are enrolled; (2) you are enrolled at least half-time (as defined by the educational institution), and (3) your anticipated graduation date. If your degree is from a Foreign Institution, See Foreign Education.
- Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and minimum qualification requirements for the job. Your eligibility and qualification status will be based on a human resources assessment conducted using qualification standards, your responses to the job-related questions, information provided in your resume, and required supporting documents (see the Required Documents section). Veteran’s preference applies to the selection for positions in the Pathways Programs. The examination and selection of applicants will be made in accordance with requirements of the 5 CFR Part 302.
KSA 1: Skill in office automation software pakages and equipment to type, edit, process, and create a variety of standard documents and reports.
KSA 2: Skill in organizational techniques in order to provide information, obtain information, and maintain data within a records database.
KSA 3: Ability to work in a customer service environment to discuss basic mission, program(s), and policies of the office to screen requests and provide information from files and records; advice on established procedures; and refer non-routine requests to appropriate staff members.
KSA 4: Ability to perform clerical tasks in an office setting.
In order to assess you meet a qualified status for this position and to refer you to the hiring manager, the agency must be able to determine that you meet the qualifications based on completed education, specialized experience, and/or both - please be sure to include this information in your resume. To be creditable, experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade of the position to be filled.
For the GS-04 grade level: one (1) year of general experience; OR have completed two (2) academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree; OR have a combination of experience and education.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.