If selected for this position, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 within 30 days of reporting to duty. You will be required to provide this information annually.
This position is subject to both pre-employment and random drug testing as a condition of employment. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test is received.
Your resume must contain enough information to show that you meet the specialized experience as defined in the announcement or vacancy questions. In addition, your responses to the questions must be adequately reflected in your resume.
- Key Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Security Clearance/Background Investigation is required
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" and "Required Documents" Sections
- Direct Deposit Required
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land
- Education Requirements:
Upon receipt of your complete application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your rating will be based on your responses to the Job Specific Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. If qualified, your score may range from 70-100 points. In addition, interviews may be conducted for this position. The interviews may be conducted on a pass/fail basis or may be scored. The job specific questions relate to the following knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the work of this position.
Leading Change - The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
Leading People - The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
Results Driven - The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
Business Acumen – The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
Building Coalitions - The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations to achieve common goals.
Information Technology - Knowledge of current IT principles, concepts, regulations, and practices to oversee IT operational services and to provide the full scope of IT advisory services.
In order to be rated as qualified for this position, we must be able to determine that you meet the one year of specialized experience requirement. Be sure to include this information in your resume. To be creditable, this experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade (GS-14) of this position. Example: Using your knowledge of current IT industry practices and advanced IT principles, concepts and standards to perform the majority of the following duties, as related to the supervision of IT staff: apply management and organizational principles and practices to create a work environment that encourages creative thinking; administer resources (staffing and funding) in a manner that instills public trust while also accomplishing established missions/goals; develop and implement guidelines and processes; apply acquisition planning and management processes to prepare long-range (5 year) and short-range guidance in accordance with broad agency program policies and objectives; direct complex studies requiring application of advanced analytical and statistical methods and techniques. Your resume must clearly demonstrate experience supervising or managing a workforce of IT professionals through subordinate supervisors, team leaders, or project leads.
In addition, you must demonstrate IT related experience in each of the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. Eligible Federal employees in the competitive service are also subject to the Time-In-Grade requirement in accordance with 5 CFR 300.604. If you are a current Federal employee in the General Schedule (GS) pay plan and applying for a promotion opportunity, you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.