The position serves as a Petroleum Engineering Technician with the Bureau of Land Management’s Green River District, Division of Lands & Minerals. This a developmental position. The Engineering Technician (Petroleum), or PET, works in the supervision and regulation of oil and gas operations under the lease management program on Federal and Indian lands. The incumbent is trained in and performs inspections of oil and gas leases to enforce all appropriate laws, rules, and regulations as well as the terms and conditions specified in the various approvals. At the full performance level major duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform on-site inspections of all phases of oil and gas drilling/workover operations and associated facilities.
- Inspect all aspects of drilling operations to determine compliance with the approved Application for Permit to Drill (APD), Sundry Notices (SN), lease terms, Notice to Lessees, Onshore Orders, and applicable regulations.
- Witness casing and cementing operations including the witnessing of pressure and casing integrity test.
- Inspect blowout preventers and associated equipment for proper rating, installation, testing, and operation.
- Verify production volumes, sales, and fuels used on leases and analyzes past production and operator records to resolve anomalies.