At the full performance level, this position will have the authority for $150,000 for open market purchases and $500,000 for established sources. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Soliciting quotations and awarding complex purchases primarily for professional and non-professional services and construction.
- Administering construction and service procurements.
- Assuring on-time delivery in accordance with the performance measures.
- Providing direction and guidance to the Contracting Officer's Representative and Project Inspector throughout contract performance.
- Working with contractors and BLM technical personnel to identify and minimize areas of misunderstanding.
- Settling questions of fact and clarifying the obligation of the contracting parties with respect to laws and regulations.