- This position will serve as the lead for monitoring associated with landscape-scale emergency stabilization and rehabilitation (ESR), fuels reduction and other treatments following the 2015 Soda Fire.
- Coordinates an interagency and mixed ownership land treatment monitoring program to measure progress toward or away form a wide variety of ecological objectives resulting from ESR treatments, including providing overall oversight of the interagency monitoring and data analysis efforts, leading and providing logistic support for field crews, reviewing and interpreting monitoring results, making management recommendations based of monitoring data and compiling reports for internal and external audiences.
- Coordinates research projects proposed within the Soda Fire ESR project area, including ensuring necessary environmental documents, clearances, and requests for access are completed prior to research initiation and working with researchers to mitigate identified issues and ensure proposed projects are compatible with current and ongoing treatments.
- Functions as liaison between other Field Offices, District Staff, other states, State and Federal agencies on matters relating to logistics, data management, research, and monitoring within the Soda Fire ESR project area through frequent communication in various modes and venues.
- Provide resource advice based on state-of-the-art knowledge and assures that appropriate Field Office staff members are trained in accepted monitoring data collection methods.