The position provides direction and assistance to office visitors and office personnel and a variety of general support services functions that are essential to servicing all disciplines in the Division. The position is responsible for maintenance of the computerized tracking programs and record management system for the Minerals Division. At the full performance level, duties to support these functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the Legal Instrument Examiners in preparing/processing oil and gas applications and agreements.
- Completing and updating Lease Record Cards for Federal and Indian Oil & Gas Leases.
- Developing tracking systems and utilizing existing approved BLM tracking systems for required reporting.
- Entering data into the Automated Fluid Mineral Support System, Automated Land and Minerals Record System and retrieving data from these systems necessary for the oil and gas staff and management reports.
- Serving as the collections and billings officer for the Minerals Division.
- Supporting general visitor information activities.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail for the Division, including certified and priority mail.
- Preparing and finalizing various forms of correspondence, statistical and/or complex tabular data, charges, Individual Well Record (IWR) forms and graphs usually from handwritten or rough-draft materials prepared by the Minerals professional staff, and ensuring that all documents are completed in compliance with BLM policy.
- Maintaining administrative and legal case records in accordance with accepted legal policy.